Rice bowls feature quite prominently here for lunch. So quick and easy to make – with endless variations. Here was a lunch I made when supplies were running low. Delicious!
100g organic brown basmati rice
1 head organic broccoli
2 organic eggs, boiled
2 organic tomatoes
100g frozen sweetcorn
2 spring onions, sliced
2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp organic lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Rinse rice well under cold water and cook in for 30minutes in a large pan.
- Finely chop broccoli and prepare for steaming over rice in steam basket for last 4 minutes of rice cooking.
- Boil the eggs to your preference (I choose eggs at room temperature and put into pan of cold water, bring to boil, then turn off the heat and rest for exactly 4 minutes). Peel and chop.
- Chop the tomatoes and spring onions and put in a large bowl.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and mustard and pour over veg.
- Add frozen sweetcorn to the broccoli in the steam basket and steam for 4 minutes, add both to the bowl.
- Rinse the rice well under cold water before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
- Chuck in the eggs and season to taste.